In recent years, with the extensive use of graphite molds, the annual consumption value of the molds in the machinery industry is 5 times of the total value of all kinds of machine tools, and the huge heat loss is also very contrary to the existing energy-saving policies in China.The large consumption of molds not only directly increases the cost of enterprises, but also leads to frequent production line shutdowns due to the frequent replacement of molds, finally causing huge economic losses.
According to the survey, due to the mold raw materials and energy prices rose sharply and other reasons, the mold industry product profits fell last year;In order to survive and develop, many enterprises adopt
Material switching is used as a major measure of transformation and development.It is understood that many companies launched graphite spark discharge materials, in the mold production is playing an extremely important role.Compared with the traditional copper mold, graphite material has the advantages of high machining precision and good surface effect, especially in the mold cavity processing of precision, complex, thin wall, high hard material has a great advantage.Compared with copper, graphite material has advantages such as less consumption, fast discharge speed, light weight and small thermal expansion coefficient, so copper electrode has gradually become the mainstream of discharge processing materials.In contrast, graphite electrode materials have the following six advantages:
1. Fast speed;The graphite discharge is 2-3 times faster than copper, and the material is not easy to deform. It has obvious advantages in the processing of thin reinforced electrode. The softening point of copper is around 1000 degrees, and it is easy to deform due to heat.
2. Light weight;The density of graphite is only 1/5 of that of copper. When large electrode is processed by discharge, the burden of machine tool (EDM) can be effectively reduced, which is more suitable for the application of large mold.
3. Small wastage;As spark oil contains C atoms, high temperature causes C atoms in spark oil to be decomposed during discharge processing, and a protective film is formed on the surface of graphite electrode, which compensates for the loss of graphite electrode.
4. No burrs;After the copper electrode is processed, the burrs need to be removed manually. However, there is no burrs after the graphite is processed, which not only saves a lot of costs and manpower, but also makes it easier to realize automatic production.
5. Easy polishing;Because the cutting resistance of graphite is only 1/5 of that of copper, it is easier to grind and polish by hand.
Vi. Low cost;Due to the rising price of copper in recent years, the price of graphite in all aspects is lower than that of copper.Under the same volume of Oriental carbon's universality, the price of graphite products is 30% to 60% lower than that of copper, the price is relatively stable, and the short-term price fluctuation is relatively small.With energy conservation, environmental protection and processing efficiency becoming the focus of the manufacturing industry, graphite electrode materials will gradually replace copper electrode and play an important role in EDM.Similarly, in the increasingly fierce competition in the mold market today, the use of advanced processing technology to develop high-quality mold products is the best way for enterprises to win the market and customers.